These healthy carrot muffins are easy to make, moist, and flavorful. My husband, son, and I love them for an easy breakfast or snack. They just happen to be gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and paleo!
I adore muffins, and my friend Shirley is mad about them. That’s why she has an event called March Muffin Madness! Each day of the event she is linking to a blogger (like me!) who is sharing a muffin recipe on their blog. Lots of gluten-free muffin recipes is great by itself, BUT she ALSO has some fantastic prizes lined up as part of this event. See more information about them below.
Healthy Carrot Muffins
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper liners. (If using liners, the muffins must be completely cooled before eating or they will stick to the liner.)
- In a small bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- In your mixer bowl, beat together the eggs, honey, banana, and vanilla, about 1 minute.
- Add the carrot and mix to incorporate.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin and bake at 350° about 20 minutes or until done in the center.
March Muffin Madness
Enter the grand prize giveaway via Rafflecopter below. The giveaway includes so many terrific prizes, such as:
- ½ gallon of Hidden Springs Vermont organic maple syrup
- 5-lb bag of Honeyville almond flour
- Cuisinart ice cream maker
- Paderno World Cuisine vegetable slicer/spiralizer
- Crockpot casserole slow cooker
- Instant Pot pressure cooker
- and more!
Grand Prize: You’re going to love this grand prize, which is sponsored by Blendtec! It’s a BlendtecDesigner 625 with Wildside+ and Twister jars. Yes, one of those much loved high-spend blenders/all-in-one
Also, head over to Gluten Free Easily and enter the giveaway for the daily prizes. There’s a new giveaway every single day during MMM! These giveaways include terrific cookbooks, resource books, subscriptions, and meal plans—ones that have probably been on your “wish list” for a while. Today’s daily prize is my eBook, How to Be Gluten Free.
There will be over 75 winners in March Muffin Madness, so be sure to enter both the grand prize giveaway and daily giveaway each day so you can be sure that you will be one of the winners!