Ground Beef Stew (Slow Cooker)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes with juice
- 5 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup gluten-free beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium zucchini cut lengthwise and then in 1/2 inch slices (about 4 cups)
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet along with the copped onion until browned.
- Add the garlic and cook a minute or two until fragrant.
- Drain and add to a 6 quart slow cooker along with the tomatoes, carrots, broth, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add the zucchini and cook on high for 1 hour.
If using a 4 quart slow cooker, cut the recipe in half.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/ground-beef-stew-slow-cooker/