Recently I was in the mood for something similar to my slow cooker beef and green beans recipe, but I had ground beef to use instead of a chuck roast. I also didn’t want it to be as saucy, and since my husband was out of town, it was going to include mushrooms.
I used frozen green beans and canned tomatoes since that’s my best option this time of year, but fresh would probably work too. I loved the result, and served by itself it’s a great low-carb meal. Feel free to serve it with rice or gluten free bread.
Ground Beef and Green Beans (Slow Cooker)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen slender green beans
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the ground beef and onion until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the beef mixture.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Slice.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and gently mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours or high 3 – 4 hours.
Courses Main Dish