Most vegetables I like lightly cooked (except onions and peppers which I like well cooked) and not too dressed up. A little butter, salt, and pepper suits me fine. This simple recipe takes that idea one step further by adding almonds. I made this recipe a few months ago for a dinner party and received a number of compliments. It’s a nice way to make those green beans a little fancier, but still keep them simple and healthy.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 – 4 Tablespoons butter, or oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the green beans until just tender.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add the almonds. Stir to coat the almonds. Heat and stir until the almonds are lightly browned. Be careful not to burn them.
- Toss everything together and serve.
Visit The Happy Housewife for more side dishes as part of the Bloggy Progressive Dinner.
For other green bean ideas visit The W.H.O.L.E. Gang.