Most vegetables I like lightly cooked (except onions and peppers which I like well cooked) and not too dressed up. A little butter, salt, and pepper suits me fine. This simple recipe takes that idea one step further by adding almonds. I made this recipe a few months ago for a dinner party and received a number of compliments. It’s a nice way to make those green beans a little fancier, but still keep them simple and healthy.
Green Beans Almandine
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 – 4 Tablespoons butter, or oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the green beans until just tender.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add the almonds. Stir to coat the almonds. Heat and stir until the almonds are lightly browned. Be careful not to burn them.
- Toss everything together and serve.
Courses Side Dish
Visit The Happy Housewife for more side dishes as part of the Bloggy Progressive Dinner.
For other green bean ideas visit The W.H.O.L.E. Gang.