Having healthy, satisfying snacks to munch on when I’m on the go has always been important to me. Most of the time I simply rely on nuts, but I really enjoy having a granola bar to munch on.
Since I’m eating grain free, and therefore mostly paleo, I decided to come up with a paleo granola bars recipe that I could make for myself and my family to snack on.
They are a little crumbly, but not more than most granola bars. While they won’t stand up to being carried in the bottom of your purse for a week, they can be packed for easy on the go snacking. I plan on using them for a couple of out of town trips I’m taking this spring.
If you’re not grain free and can tolerate gluten-free oatmeal, try my previous gluten-free granola bars recipe.
Granola Bars (Paleo)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cranberries, and flax seeds.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the salt, almond butter, honey, and coconut oil.
- Add the almond butter mixture to the large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until combined and all ingredients are moistened.
- Press the mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Place the pan on a wire rack until cool. Cut into bars.