Grain-Free Apple Pie Bites
- 3 apples
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into thin slices.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium saucepan and add the apples. Cook until apples are tender. Lay apples flat in a serving dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor mix the almonds, apple butter, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until thick. Add more almonds if needed.
- Transfer to a flat surface, roll out with a rolling pin, and spread on top of apple slices.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours (this makes it easier to cut). Carefully cut into small squares and garnish each one with an almond on top.
Add some honey to increase the sweetness.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/grain-free-apple-pie-bites/