These Grain-Free Apple Pie Bites give you all the flavor of apple pie without the hassle and calories of a pastry crust. And it only takes six ingredients! They could also be made paleo with the right apple butter.
Taste the topping before putting it on the apple “crust” to see if you want it sweeter. It will depend on the sweetness of your apple butter and your tastes. Add a little honey or your sweetener of choice if needed.
These are great little dessert bites when you want something sweet after dinner, but they would also make a good fruit and nut snack.
Grain-Free Apple Pie Bites
- 3 apples
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into thin slices.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium saucepan and add the apples. Cook until apples are tender. Lay apples flat in a serving dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor mix the almonds, apple butter, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until thick. Add more almonds if needed.
- Transfer to a flat surface, roll out with a rolling pin, and spread on top of apple slices.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours (this makes it easier to cut). Carefully cut into small squares and garnish each one with an almond on top.
Add some honey to increase the sweetness.
This recipe comes from Ana of Bites to Brand