A few days ago I included a yellow cake recipe at the end of a cranberry trifle recipe. I know I’ve used that cake recipe successfully before, but I tried it this morning and it didn’t turn out well. In fact, I decided to make another cake and use my own recipe. This one turned out much better. I wish I had gotten a picture of the first one. It would make you laugh.
Yellow Cake Recipe
- 1/2 c. butter, softened (Earth Balance buttery sticks work too)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (almond milk works well)
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the mixing bowl alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mix.
- Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan or 2 round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° 30-40 minutes for the rectangular pan or 25-30 minutes for the round pans.
- Let the cake cool in the pans about 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.