Basic Muffin Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown or white rice flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (optional)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon spice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon extract
- 1 - 1 1/4 cup milk, milk substitute, or juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- additions (see note)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flours, starch, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, gelatin, and spice.
- In a smaller bowl or measuring cup combine the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients. (If you are using wet additions such as canned fruit, use 1 cup liquid.)
- Mix just until moistened. Fold in additions.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes.
Additions:fresh fruit, choppedcanned fruit - Use the juice as part of the liquid. I add 20 oz. crushed pineapple to a double batch of muffins. For pears or peaches, chop the fruit before adding it.nutsraisinschocolate chipscoconutgrated zucchini
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-muffins/