Spring is finally here, but the weather is still cool enough for soup. And there are two great soups in this week’s menu. The potato chowder is just as delicious made with a milk substitute and my family really loves it. The beef and vegetable soup cooks in the crock pot, making the meat very tender.
So many of this week’s recipes lend themselves to being accompanied by a salad or fresh vegetables. That’s why I’ve chosen my red pepper hummus recipe as a side dish that can be used for dipping fresh veggies. It also makes a great afternoon snack.
This menu plan provides you with six main dish dinner recipes and ideas for what to serve with it. Also included are a breakfast, side, and dessert recipe. Rearrange the recipes as needed to fit your schedule, or use the ideas to supplement your own meal plan.
This Week’s Menu
Click the links to get the recipes.
- Potato Chowder – serve with salad and biscuits
- Mexican Casserole (topped with cornbread)
- Chicken Divan – serve with mashed potatoes
- Beef and Vegetable Soup – serve with bread sticks
- Spanish Rice with Sausage – serve with fresh veggies and dip
- Biscuit Crust Pizza – serve with salad