I just couldn’t resist using a little alliteration in the title of these no-bake ball type cookies. The clove is what really makes these, and it doesn’t take much of that spice to add wonderful flavor. These cookies are great for holiday parties and can be made ahead and stored at least a week in the refrigerator.
We enjoy these every year, and my sister-in-law loves them.
Coconut Cashew Clove Balls
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 7 ounces coconut
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped cashews (roasted & salted is fine)
- granulated sugar
- Put the sweetened condensed milk in a heavy pot.
- Add the butter, coconut, and cloves, and cook over medium heat at least 10 minutes, stirring frequently. As the mixture gets hot you will need to stir almost constantly. It should begin to thicken slightly.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the cashews. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until it is chilled all the way through.
- Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar.
- Place the balls in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes about 3 1/2 dozen 1 inch cookies.
For more holiday desserts, visit Life as Mom.