Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (or 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup shortening)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl. I combine them with a whisk.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour mix and mix until incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips. I think I only used 1 1/2 cup in this recipe, but use more if you like. I find that sometimes they are too much chocolate and not enough cookie when I use 2 cups.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-chocolate-chip-cookies/