- 3 cups frozen blueberries (you could probably use fresh)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats (whirled in a food processor or blender if not instant)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and corn starch in a sauce pan. Cook and stir over medium high heat until thickened. It will get runny as the blueberries warm up, then thicken as the cornstarch cooks.
- Pour blueberry mixture into the bottom of a greased 8 - 9 inch square baking dish.
- Combine the sorghum flour, potato starch, oats, baking powder, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Use a pastry blender, or your fingers, to cut the butter into the dry mixture until crumbly.
- Pour in the milk as you stir with a fork, just until moistened.
- Spoon the topping onto the blueberry mixture in the dish.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes until the topping tests done with a toothpick.
- Let the cobbler cool until warm before serving.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-blueberry-cobbler/