Paleo Gingerbread Brownies
Yield 12 brownies
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, molasses, vinegar and vanilla extract. Blend on high for a minute or two.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend on high until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth it out. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then finish cooling completely on a wire rack. Cut into 9 to 16 brownies, depending how big or small you want them to be.
- Add ½ cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts of choice to the brownie batter for added texture.
- Different brands of coconut flour can vary in how much moisture they absorb. If the batter is thin, add another tablespoon of coconut flour and let it sit for a few minutes.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gingerbread-brownies-paleo/