It’s day eight of the 10 Days of Gluten Free blog hop! I am covering topics related to getting started on the gluten free diet. Be sure to visit the other participating blogs listed at the end of this post. Each one is covering a different gluten-free topic and has a great giveaway you can enter.
Get Educated and Find Support
You need to learn about the effect of gluten on your body and how careful you need to be in avoiding gluten.
You need to learn how to deal with friends and family members and how to eat safely in social situations and at restaurants.
Wendy at Celiacs in the House is covering the topic of resources for this blog hop. You would benefit from reading over her posts and use the resources she recommends.
It is also important to find support. It helps to talk to people who are going through the same process you are as well as those who have more experience than you do.
You can find support online through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and forums. Those are all great, but I highly recommend finding a “real life” support group too.
There are gluten-free support groups in many areas. Even if it is called a celiac support group, it is very likely open to anyone on a gluten-free diet.
Support groups often have guest speakers and gluten-free vendors. They are a great source for information as well as emotional support.
Shelley Case is giving away a copy of her book Gluten-Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide. The title is an appropriate description. This book would be useful to anyone on a gluten-free diet.
- This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older.
- You are allowed one entry per “10 Days of Gluten Free” blog post for a total of 10 entries on this blog.
- Enter by leaving a comment on this post (and other 10 Days of GF posts)
- The giveaway begins May 7, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm eastern time on May 18, 2012.
No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. The winner will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen.
10 Days of Gluten Free Continues:
These bloggers have great tips and ideas to share with you. Please stop by and remember to enter the giveaways.
- Resources – Wendy @ Celiacs in the House
- Traveling – Karen @ Gluten-Free Travel Blog
- Eating Out – Heather @ Gluten-Free Cat
- Frugal Tips – Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- Cooking – Carrie @ Ginger Lemon Girl
- Baking – Jules @ Jules Gluten Free
- Kids – Lynn @ Lynn’s Recipe Adventures
- Lunch Boxes – Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Shopping – Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry