This fruit and vegetable wash recipe was passed on to the celiac support group I attend by the woman who spoke about organic food at our last meeting.
It is important to wash your fruit and vegetables, especially when they are not organic. Washes contain citric acid and surfactants to remove wax, soil, and agricultural chemicals.
- 8 ounces water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons baking soda
- 10 drops grapefruit seed extract
- Put the water in a spray bottle.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Close the bottle and gently shake.
- Spray it directly onto food and rub it with your hands or a vegetable brush.
- Rinse well.