Fruit pizza is a dessert I made years ago before going gluten free. It was a favorite dessert for both me and my husband. Of course, back then it contained gluten and dairy.
When I saw Diane’s theme for this month’s Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free carnival was It All Ends Here—anything you would serve at the end of a meal, I knew right away that I wanted to recreate this desert to be gluten and dairy free.
If you can eat dairy, I’m also going to list that option. The original version used cream cheese and it was really was good. I chose to substitute the cream cheese with coconut milk yogurt.
- 1 recipe [sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces vanilla coconut milk yogurt (or 8 oz. cream cheese + 1/4 c. sugar + 1/2 tsp. vanilla)
- Fresh fruit and berries
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough according to directions and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a rolling pin and/or your hands, press the dough onto a 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Wash and cut a variety of fruits and berries.
- Spread the yogurt over the cookie crust. If using cream cheese, beat it together with the sugar and vanilla, then spread on the crust.
- Place the fruit on top of the yogurt in a decorative pattern.