Fried Rice Variations
- 4 cups cooked rice, pasta, other grain, or a combination
- 2 Tablespoons high heat oil of choice
- 1-2 cups leftover cubed meat (beef, pork, ham, or chicken)
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (peas, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce (I used a soy-free coconut version)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok, electric skillet, or large skillet on your stove. Add the vegetables and stir fry them until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Add a little more oil and the cubed meat. Heat and stir until the meat is hot and browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Heat the rest of the oil and add the rice (or whatever you choose). Stir and heat until hot through.
- Push the rice to one side and add the egg. Quickly scramble the egg, breaking it up into pieces. Mix the rice in with the egg.
- Add some soy sauce and stir.
- Add the reserved vegetables and meat, stir together, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/fried-rice-variations/