I can’t believe I didn’t like cabbage for so many years, and now I love it in fresh homemade coleslaw. And I even like it cooked in my Instant Pot Unstuffed Cabbage recipe. So I’m looking for more ways to use it, and this Fried Cabbage with Sausage is yet another easy and flavorful way to eat cabbage.
I know I’ll be getting plenty of cabbage in my summer CSA box, and I look forward to enjoying it in this easy stove top recipe, because sausage makes everything taste good (so does bacon!).
- 1 head green cabbage, cut in bite sized chunks
- 3 Schublig sausages (or other large sausage), cut diagonally
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In a skillet with olive oil, fry sausages to desired crispness. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, discard some oil/fat but retain about 1 tablespoon. Add cut cabbage. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well. Cook cabbage until soft to the bite.
- Turn off heat and add in cooked sausages. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with fresh parsley.