Variations of this flourless peanut butter cookie recipe have been around for years, and it was one of the first gluten-free cookie recipes I made. It’s great for people who are just starting out on the gluten-free diet because it doesn’t require any special ingredients.
It’s also good for friends or family who want to make a gluten-free treat for someone, as long as they know they need to clean everything very well to avoid cross contamination.
But this recipe is not limited to those circumstances. They’re simply good cookies no matter what.
I know, you’re probably not turning the oven on very much these days. I’m not either, but I find it hard to go without doing any baking. And who can resist these cookies?
It helps if you don’t bake during the hottest part of the day. Try doing it first thing in the morning, or in the evening when the temperatures start to fall. If you’re desperate, try baking on the grill.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt (or more depending on the saltiness of your peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life chips are dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together with a fork the peanut butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.