Here is my casserole creation for the week. I intended to go to the grocery store today, but it has been pouring down rain so I decided to wait until tomorrow. Since I hadn’t gotten any meat out of the freezer, I had to give some thought to my protein options. I decided on eggs and cheese because I had plenty, and we love them. I combined the eggs with pasta and my own sauce. The sauce amounts given are just an estimate; I didn’t measure the ingredients.
Egg and Pasta Casserole
- 12 ounces penne, cooked (I used Tinkyada brown rice penne)
- 8 large eggs, hard boiled and chopped (good sized chunks)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the pasta, eggs, and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce to the other ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spoon everything into a medium sized casserole dish (2 1/2 – 3 quart).
- Sprinkle some additional cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Courses Main Dish
This was very good. As I said, we love eggs, and this casserole was just another great way to eat them!
So what did you have for dinner?