Intense Chocolate Almond Bites
- 1 cup whole roasted almonds
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Put the almonds, cocoa powder and salt in a food processor and grind until only small pieces of almond remain, about 2 minutes.
- Add in honey and vanilla extract and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Form into balls the size of a cherry and flatten down.
- Place on a Silpat mat or parchment lined cookie sheet for ease of cleanup (these do not spread, so feel free to put them close together).
- Cook for 9-11 minutes or until browning.
- The bites harden as they cool after baking.
- Makes 20 bites.
Serving size: 4 bites Calories: 205
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/intense-chocolate-almond-bites-almond-giveaway/