- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups gluten free or homemade chicken broth
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
- 2 14-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder ( add more if you like things spicier)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1½ teaspoons of cumin
- Cook onion and ground beef until onion is tender and the beef is done.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for about 30 minutes or until the flavors are well blended.
Slow Cooker: Cook meat, onion, and garlic and place in a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pumpkin-chili/