Nutty Apricot Balls
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 ounces dried apricots (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup + ⅓ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup honey
- Start by processing the ⅓ cup pecan halves in your food processor. The balls will be coated with this, so it needs to be very finely ground, almost like a meal. Remove to a small bowl.
- Place the dried apricots, coconut, and ¼ cup pecan halves in the food processor. Process until finely chopped and well combined.
- Add the honey and process until it is evenly distributed.
- Place the mixture in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate about 30 – 60 minutes until chilled through.
- Use a spoon to scoop up a small amount of the mixture. Press it together with your hands and form a small ball 1 – 1½ inches in diameter.
- Roll the ball in the finely ground nuts. Place on a serving plate or in a container.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/nutty-apricot-balls/