Brown Rice Syrup Toffee
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil. Grease the foil.
- In a large sauce pot, melt butter over a medium heat. Add brown rice syrup and attach a candy thermometer to pot.
- Raise heat to medium high and stir constantly until the mixture reaches 270 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup chopped almonds. Pour into the foil lined pan and allow to cool.
- You could stop right here if you like or you can proceed and add chocolate and more nuts…
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Spread over the top of the toffee. Sprinkle ¼ cup of chopped almonds over the chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool. Once the toffee and chocolate has cooled completely break it into pieces.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/brown-rice-syrup-toffee/