Gluten and Dairy Free Coconut Macaroons
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 Tablespoons sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg whites with a fork until foamy.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Form into balls about one tablespoon in size or drop from a round tablespoon sized measuring spoon or cookie dough scoop. I left mine flat on the bottom and rounded on top.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes about 16 macaroons.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/coconut-macaroons/