Rhubarb Coffee Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or other oil, or butter)
- ½ cup agave nectar (or use sugar and add a little extra milk)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ – ½ cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 cup chopped rhubarb
- ½ cup gluten free flour mix (any mix should work)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoon butter (or substitute)
- Wash and trim the rhubarb. Chop it into ¼ – ½ inch pieces. Set aside. In your mixer bowl, beat together the coconut oil, agave, eggs, and sugar. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mix. Use ⅓ cup milk and add the rest if the batter seems too thick.
- Stir in the rhubarb and pour it all into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine the topping ingredients, cutting in the cold butter with a pastry blender or fork. Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350° about 45 minutes or until the cake tests done.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/rhubarb-coffee-cake/