Lemon Bundt Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup millet flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- zest from one lemon (~2 teaspoons)
- juice of one lemon (~1/4 cup)
- almond milk, milk substitute, or regular milk (~3/4 cup)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Wash a nice size lemon, then roll it on the counter a bit to soften it. Use a zester or microplane to zest the entire lemon, Set the zest aside.
- Cut the lemon, and juice it.
- In a liquid measuring cup, put the juice of the lemon plus enough milk substitute to equal one cup.
- Combine the flour, starches, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the sugar, oil and eggs on medium-high for about one minute.
- Add the lemon extract and mix.
- Add the flour mix and liquid alternately beginning and ending with the flour mix. Add about ¼ at a time and mix on medium speed in between each addition.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into a well greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for about 50 minutes or until it tests done.
- Cool in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes. Make sure the edges of the cake are loose, then turn it onto a rack to finish cooling.
- In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice, adding 1 Tablespoon of the juice to start with, then more until it reaches the right consistency.
- Spoon over the cooled cake.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/lemon-bundt-cake/