Multi-Grain Carrot Walnut Muffins
Author: Linda Etherton
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- ¾ cup millet flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup shredded carrots, packed
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using a whisk, combine the flours, starches, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, gelatin, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Add to the dry ingredients and whisk together until everything is wet.
- Stir in the carrots and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a muffin tin and bake at 375 degrees for 18- 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/multi-grain-carrot-walnut-muffins/