Cinnamon Pear Muffins
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more if you want a strong flavor)
- ¾ cup milk or substitute
- ⅓ cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ripe pear
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the flours, starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, gelatin, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the milk, agave, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Wash, core, and chop the pear, leaving the peel on. Cut it into pretty small pieces, they can seem pretty large when in a muffin.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, making sure all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in the pear.
- Spoon the batter into 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack (or while still warm, but not hot).
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-cinnamon-pear-muffins/