Gold Potato Casserole
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 6 large baking potatoes (or equivalent gold potatoes)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, grated (reserve ¼ c. for top)
- Scrub the potatoes but do not peel or cut, and then bake or boil them. Cool the potatoes completely. Give this step plenty of time.
- Using a small knife, peel the potatoes. Grate them into a large bowl. As you get to the end of the potato you may have nothing but lumps. That’s okay, just throw them in the dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, butter, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix it together well, then stir in the cheese. Remember to reserve about ¼ – ⅓ cup of the cheese for putting on top of the dish.
- Fold this mixture into the potatoes. You don’t want to mash the potatoes, so fold it in using a large spatula or spoon until it is well combined.
- Spread everything in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. At this point you can refrigerate or freeze the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 35 – 45 minutes until hot and bubbly around the edges. Baking time will depend on how cold the dish is.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gold-potato-casserole/