Rice & Quinoa Pilaf
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ¾ cup white rice
- ¾ cup red quinoa
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ – ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large clove, grated or minced
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- chicken broth for the cooking liquid
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute the onion, pepper and garlic until it begins to soften.
- Combine the rice, quinoa, onion, pepper, and garlic in a sauce pan.
- Add 3 cups broth. Bring to a boil and simmer about 20 minutes until the rice and quinoa are done.
- Fluff with a fork and stir in the pecans, salt, and pepper.
- In a pressure cooker, combine the rice, quinoa, onion, pepper and garlic along with 2¼ cups broth.
- Close the lid and bring to low pressure using high heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat, and let the pressure come down naturally. Fluff up the rice with a fork and stir in the pecans, and salt and pepper.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/rice-quinoa-pilaf/