Drop Biscuits Revisited
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: Makes about 10 biscuits
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened (or vegetable oil)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk (sub. should work)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the sorghum flour, starches, xanthan gum, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a small bowl.
- In your mixer bowl, combine the butter, egg and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat on high about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and make sure it is mixed well.
- Spray an ice cream scoop with cooking spray and drop the dough by scoopfuls onto a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 12 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-drop-biscuits-revisited/