Orange Coffee Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sorghum flour
- ⅔ cup millet flour
- ⅔ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- zest of one orange
- ½ cup sour milk (1/2 Tb. vinegar + milk to = ½ c.)
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- With your mixer, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Combine the dry ingredients and the zest, and separately combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the wet ingredients to the mixture in the mixing bowl.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- While it is baking, combine the topping ingredients.
- Spread the topping over the hot cake and broil a couple of minutes until lightly browned.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/orange-coffee-cake/