Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup nuts
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup nut butter
- ¾ cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup small or chopped dried fruit
- Combine the oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, nuts, flax seeds, and salt in a food processor and process until well mixed and in small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the nut butter, honey or agave nectar, and vanilla. Pour this over the ingredients in the large bowl and stir to evenly coat.
- Stir in the dried fruit.
- Place everything in a greased jelly roll pan and pat it down with a spatula or greased fingers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
These will keep at room temperature for a few days, or you can store them in the refrigerator for at least a week. They freeze well for long term storage.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-granola-bars/