Cube Steaks - Slow Cooker
Author: Linda Etherton
- 6 cube steaks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- seasoned salt or other seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- sliced mushrooms
- sweet rice flour, corn starch, or arrowroot starch
- Place the onion slices and about ½ c. water in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add the steaks in layers putting a little soy sauce, seasoned salt, garlic, and mushrooms on top of each layer.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours or high 3 - 4 hours.
- Remove the steaks and onions and any fatty bits.
- Using about 2 Tb. sweet rice flour or 1½ Tb. corn starch for each cup of liquid, whisk the flour/corn starch into ½ – 1 c. of cold water.
- Add this mixture to the hot broth and whisk while heating it on high in the crock pot or in a pan on the stove (stove will be faster).
- Heat and stir until it starts to boil then remove from heat and serve over the steaks.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cube-steaks-what-can-i-eat-thats-gluten/