Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes 18 muffins
- 1½ cups applesauce
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Generously grease 18 muffin cups.
- While you are preparing the muffin batter, toast walnut halves in the oven for about 5 minutes. Let them cool some, then chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, sugar, and oil with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flours, potato starch, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients and the nuts to the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched lightly.
- Cool for several minutes in the muffin pan, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/applesauce-muffins/