Spanish Rice with Sausage
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound sausage (the kind in a tube)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1½ cup white rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- In a heavy pot, cook the sausage, stirring to crumble.
- Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon, then drain all but a couple tablespoons of the grease.
- Add the onion and cook for several minutes until almost transparent.
- Add the rice. Stir and cook for several minutes.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for one minute more.
- Slowly stir in the chicken broth and tomato sauce
- Heat to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sausage.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/spanish-rice-with-sausage/