Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup milk (or substitute)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (or other cooking oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon orange extract (or other flavoring)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, starches, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut.
- In a smaller bowl combine the milk, oil, eggs, and extract.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into a muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/coconut-muffins/