Pressure Cooker Pea Soup
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 pound dry split peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ pound ham, chopped (or bacon, vary amount to your taste)
- pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion in a small skillet until lightly cooked.
- Combine all ingredients except the pepper in the pressure cooker. Heat and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Close the lid and bring to low pressure using high heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the pressure come down naturally.
- Remove bay leaf, stir, and add pepper to taste.
Split pea soup can very easily be made gluten free. Check your chicken broth ingredients (I make my own or use Pacific brand) and make sure the ham is gluten free.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pressure-cooker-pea-soup/