Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix (I used a sorghum mix)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1½ cups gluten-free oats
- ⅓ cup gluten-free flour mix
- 2 medium-sized apples, peeled and chopped
- ⅔ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ¾ cup raisins (optional)
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until fluffy.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and xanthan gum. Add, along with the oats, to the butter mixture. Mix just until incorporated.
- Stir together the ⅓ cup flour, apples, nuts, and raisins. Fold into the mixture.
- Spread into a greased 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Set the pan on a wire rack to cool before cutting.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/apple-bars/