Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix (I used Carol Fenster's sorghum blend)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan. Cook until slightly thickened (very slightly).
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or fork.
- Stir the apples into this flour mixture.
- Combine the milk and vanilla and stir into the flour/apple mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- Drop by serving spoonfuls into the baking dish.
- Combine the 1 Tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 - 15 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/applescotch-dessert/