Author: Linda Etherton
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package gluten-free Taco seasoning (I used McCormick)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can refried beans
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- Corn tortillas, cut in strips
- Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Brown the beef and sauté the onion in a skillet.
- Add the seasoning mix and prepare according to the package.
- Combine the beans and tomato sauce and place a little of this mixture in the bottom of a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add a layer of tortillas, putting them on any way you want to cover the space, but overlapping them some.
- Add half the beef mix, spreading it out to the edges.
- Sprinkle on cheese to cover (how much depends on how cheesy you like it).
- Spread half the remaining beans on top.
- Repeat layers of tortillas, beef, cheese, and beans. Top with some additional cheese, or reverse the last two layers so that the beans go on top of the beef and you end with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-mexican-recipe/