Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon high heat oil of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 12 gluten-free tortillas
- shredded cheese (use desired type and amount, I used cheddar)
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce (read the label to be sure it is gluten free)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the tortillas in a large baking dish and cover them with a damp paper towel. Place them in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes while it preheats. This will help soften the tortillas.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté until tender. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the salsa, cooked chicken, and cumin to the skillet. Heat through.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and put them on a plate. Grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish. Spoon a little enchilada sauce into the bottom of the dish and spread it around evenly.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the middle of each tortilla. Fold it in half and place in the dish, stacking them next to each other, or fold it into a traditional style fold and place the folded edges down to keep them closed.
- Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over all the filled tortillas.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/easy-chicken-enchiladas/