On a busy weeknight, who doesn’t love a quick dinner that everyone enjoys? These Easy Beef Enchiladas are gluten free and perfect for feeding the family a tasty meal. Just be sure to check the enchilada sauce you are using. Not all are gluten free, but some are, or you can use the recipe for a homemade sauce that I’ve linked to in the ingredients.
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans enchilada sauce (Check ingredients, not all are gluten free or use homemade enchilada sauce.)
- In a skillet cook the ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Add the chili powder and cumin.
- Add about half a can of enchilada sauce to the meat.
- Place the tortillas on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven for about 5 minutes while you preheat it to 375 degrees. Keep an eye on them. You want them to be warm but not dried out.
- In a large rectangular baking dish, spoon some of the enchilada sauce into the bottom. (about 1/4 can)
- Place some of the beef and onion and a little cheese in the middle of each tortilla.
- Fold the sides in and place each one folded side down in the baking dish. They should be snug. Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with a little cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.