This is a simple but tasty meal, and it fits the bill on those days when I want to do most of the dinner preparation early in the day. It’s always a nice feeling to hit 5:00 p.m. and know that all I have to do is prepare vegetables. Especially when I have three hungry guys asking me when dinner will be ready.
I almost always brine chicken breasts before cooking them now. You can follow the link to learn how to brine your chicken.
This recipe makes a lot, but I have a large crock pot and like having leftovers. You could always cut it in half.
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 halves)
- 2 pounds red or gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Brine the chicken breasts for 45 minutes. Drain and rinse. This step is optional but results in more moist and tender chicken.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into approximately 1 1/2 inch chunks. Place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour half the salad dressing over the potatoes and sprinkle them with half the Italian seasoning.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the potatoes. Pour the remaining salad dressing over top. Sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high 3 hours.