I originally posted this naturally gluten-free recipe last December so if it looks familiar, you may have seen it already. I’ve added a picture to tempt your taste buds. The cranberries in this recipe make it a perfect appetizer for the holidays, and you will love the combined flavors of the ingredients. My niece gave me this recipe, and it’s an interesting twist on salsa and chips.
We don’t like hot peppers so my recipe uses green chilies. Feel free to substitute a hot pepper if you like. I’m sure a sugar substitute would also work well in this recipe. The ingredients are not items I always have on hand, so I have to plan ahead when I make it, but it is very simple to put together and is always a big hit. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3 medium apples, cored
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 Tablespoons canned green chilies
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Tortilla chips
- Finely dice the cranberries, apples, red pepper, and onion.
- Combine in a serving bowl and add the sugar, juice, cilantro, chilies, and lime peel. Stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
A food processor is easiest, but you can certainly chop the ingredients by hand.
The theme of this week’s “What can I eat that’s gluten free?” is holiday party food. Be sure to check back Wednesday for more ideas and to enter your link.
Tasty Tuesday has an appetizer theme this week as part of the Bloggy Progressive Dinner.
Thursday, Amy at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free is hosting the Holiday Food Fest with a theme of Holiday Cocktails, Mocktails, and Appetizers. You won’t want to miss those either.