Coconut Pineapple Muffins
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Strain a can a crushed pineapple, reserving the juice. If you don’t get 3/4 cup juice, you can use extra coconut milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, starches, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar by whisking them together.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the oil, eggs, vanilla, pineapple juice, and coconut milk, beating with a fork until the eggs are mixed in with the liquid.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula until all the flour is moistened.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple and coconut.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/coconut-pineapple-muffins/