There are two flours that many people turn to when baking grain free or low carbohydrate: almond flour and coconut flour. I have experimented a little with both of them and like the results.
These coconut flour biscuits are one such experiment that turned out lovely. They are very easy to make and help satisfy that desire for bread that one might have.
One thing I like about the coconut flour recipes I have tried is that the baked items stay moist and soft and don’t dry out easily. Most recipes use a lot of eggs, and this one is no exception. Personally, I like the protein that they add.
These biscuits are not carb free, though, because the recipe calls for two tablespoons of honey (that’s 1/2 teaspoon per biscuit). I think that could be cut in half, but I’m not sure how much that would affect the moisture of the biscuits.
If you like using coconut flour, I’m sure you’ll enjoy these biscuits. If you’re unfamiliar with using it, this recipe is a great place to start.
Coconut Flour Biscuits
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, beat together the coconut oil, eggs, and honey, using a hand held mixer.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Shape into disks approximately 1/4 inch thick and 2 1/2 inches in diameter. The will spread a little, but I fit 12 on one large cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Makes 12 biscuits.