Chocolate Covered Cracker Cookies
- In bowl, stir together the almond butter and raw honey. It's important to use raw honey for its thickness. It should be sticky but hold its shape. Add a little more honey, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to thicken if needed.
- Place a small amount of the almond butter mix (about 1/2 teaspoon) on a cracker and top with another cracker. Press together lightly and set aside. Continue with the entire box of crackers.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate (I used a small double boiler pan insert). Coat each cracker sandwich with chocolate and set on a tray lined with wax or parchment paper. To do this I place a cracker sandwich in the chocolate, flip it over with a fork, then slide the fork underneath and lift it up. Gently tap the fork on the side of the pan several times, then slide the flat side of a knife underneath to scrape off excess chocolate. Use the knife to slide the sandwich onto the tray.
- Top with sprinkles, if desired, and chill about 5 minutes in the freezer, until chocolate hardens. Store in the refrigerator or a place that's cool enough for the chocolate.
- Makes about 28 - 30 cracker cookies
The chocolate will thicken as it cools. Reheat as necessary to ensure a thin coating.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chocolate-covered-cracker-cookies/